Welcome to my crazy world!
My name is Kristin – eternal optimist, lover of cute mugs, flip flops, fuzzy socks, and the occasional glass of wine (because kids).
Over the last 41 years 2 months and 12 days (but who’s counting?) my life has been nothing short of a reckless, messy, work in progress. Whoever coined the term “Hot Mess” surely must have had me in mind cuz bad choices and mistakes….I’ve made ’em. Sometimes more than once 🙂 You know…just to be sure.
The good thing about being a work in progress is that there is always room for improvement to be better than you were yesterday. That’s the journey I’m on. Along the way, I’d like to try to make the world a little bit better too 🙂
Blessed With a Hot Mess is a place where I share my thoughts, feelings, dreams and goals as well as all the crazy shit that happens on a daily basis with 4 kids, a husband, a dog, a snake, and a turtle that just refuses to die. (Sorry, not sorry. Turtles smell. Like bad. But when you have two 4 year olds that love her….whataya do?)
I truly feel like if you send good vibes out in the world, you’re gonna get them back in one way or another. I figure if I can inspire just one person through my thoughts and words, then I’ve done my job.
Fun Facts About Me 🙂
- I’m a football fanatic ~ New Orleans Saints are #mahboys
- I hate flying (but I do it anyway)
- I’m in love with the tiny home trend and minimalistic, simplified way of life
- I LOVE video games – but quite literally have no time to play them
- My travel bucket list gets longer on the daily and I am obsessed with maps
- I love to read – libraries are probably my second favorite place in the whole word aside from home
- I’m an introvert – small talk and big crowds be gone!
- I married my soulmate and best friend on the beautiful beaches of Punta Cana in September 2016
- I’m an only child
- I’m terrified of spiders
- I could live on pizza and slushies from Sonic
- I love all things cozy – fuzzy socks, slippers, soft blankets and string lights (ya know, for atmosphere)
- Photography is my obsession – I take pictures of EVERYTHING.