Welcome to my Hot Mess!
Hey y’all! So glad you’re here!
Plain and simple, this blog is designed for women who have a messy, imperfect life and are struggling to work through their own chaos to create a better future.
We’ve all got baggage and a rear view that doesn’t look so great (and I’m not talking about your butt). For years, I felt unworthy of love, happiness, success, and everything that goes along with living your best life because of my imperfect past. I failed at so many things – marriages, money, jobs. life. My self esteem was in the toilet and it stayed there for a long while until I realized two things:
- I was allowing my past to have power over me
- I was 100% in charge of my own life and only I could change its direction
(Side note: Bless all the books and podcasts that led me to this epiphany. You da real MVP.)
Before I dig in to what to expect from this blog, let me tell you what you WON’T find here:
- A perfect mom who has all her shit together.
- Recipes with more than 5 ingredients.
- Blog posts without a few well placed F-bombs.
- Judgement of any kind.
So, there’s that. Moving on …
What you CAN expect from this blog:
- Inspiration and Guidance to quit shaming yourself for a past you’re not proud of.
- Finding Your worth in a world that says you’re not (Imma constantly shove it in your face, how worthy you are of all good things).
- Imperfect parenting and knowing our kids love us anyway.
- A mom who loves her kids but still calls them assholes behind their backs.
- How to quit comparing yourself to other women
- Loving the chaos that makes you, YOU.
- How you can start using past failures as lessons and stepping stones to a better life.
- Rants over the crazy chaos of daily life.
- A fast friend who wants to see you succeed in life as much as you do 🙂
You can learn more about me and my crazy crew HERE but I quickly want to grace your eyeballs with a few things I truly believe and think we should wrap our minds around during our short time on this planet 🙂
- Age is just a number – really. I don’t believe you have to fit inside a box and live according to what society tells you your age demographic should be doing. Get the tattoo. Write the book. Take a road trip. Learn a new language. Dance your heart out. Most importantly – Enjoy your perfectly imperfect life and screw what they think.
- Every day is a fresh start. No matter how many times you mess up, you get the glorious chance to wake up the next day and begin again, even better than the day before.
- Your circumstances don’t define who you are. Neither does that damn scale.
- No matter what the state the world is in right now, I believe most people are good (And yes, I just sang Luke Bryan’s song in my head as I typed this)
- The way you talk to yourself is SO very important – BE NICE!
- Everyone should start each morning with a grateful heart. After all, you woke up didn’t you?
- Women are some of the strongest, most gracious creatures on the planet – and for that reason we.are.awesome 🙂
- We are capable of SO much more than we give ourselves credit for.
- Every single person is born with gifts to make the world a better place – it just takes some of us a little longer to find them.
What are some life truths that you believe heart and soul and make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Shoot me an email or….
…..wanna connect on social media?
Here’s to a fun journey – glad you’re along for the ride!